Asked by Colleen from USA | Oct. 17, 2017 22:41
About:Hong Kong MTR Tickets & Fares

I’m going to be in Hong Kong 7 days what should I use for MTR card?

I don’t arrive till 4pm so thought I’d just purchase a round trip airport ticket. Airport to TST. (It’s my understanding that the return can be used anytime within 30 days). Then use unlimited “Airport Express Travel Pass” with pass to validate beginning day 2 of my stay, because I plan to go to Expo in middle of my stay. Can I go to airport on my first airport express travel pass trip ticket then use the 2nd Airport Express travel pass to return from airport to begin its use unlimited for next three days? Also can I purchase airport to expo ticket round trip same day return? Is all this worth it to me to not deal with octopus reloading cards?

Answers (1)
Answered by Gina from Singapore | Oct. 18, 2017 01:55
Your plan is fine and yes, you can use the Travel Pass on MTR separately with Airport Express. Since you will stay for 7 days in HK, the value of the card may not be enough to cover all your trips. I suggest you top it up once you buy it, then it can be used as an ordinary Octopus Card. Once the 72h unlimited rides on MTR are used up, you can still use it to pay more buses and MTR.
Related Questions:
how do i get the octopus card and how much it is...what amount do i have to...
Asked by Ms.prettyshey from Indonesia
| Nov. 24, 2010 21:06
i will be in hong kong for 8 days there any card available to use...
Asked by dafny
| Jan. 12, 2014 21:10
I will stay 6 days in hong kong. what kind of travel card should we use?
Asked by rey from phl
| Nov. 08, 2016 21:15
Octopus card
Asked by Mhara from Philippines
| Apr. 09, 2013 05:03
what is the difference between MTR travel pass and octopus card? which one ...
Asked by N Afiqah from Malaysia
| Feb. 06, 2015 01:50
I will stay in hongkong for two days with my family.
Asked by Mandakh from Mongolia
| Jun. 23, 2016 21:45
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)