Asked by Mio from USA | Oct. 10, 2017 01:53
About:China Private Visit Visa

American citizen living in Beijing with American spouse who is a student


I am an American citizen already in Beijing on a tourist L. My husband is also an American citizen here as a student at Tsinghua and was issued his student X 2 weeks ago. Now that the October holidays are over I would like to change my tourist L type to spouse of student X. What is the process for people who are already in the country? Also, our marriage certificate is back in the US but my mother-in-law has sent us a scanned copy of it. Is that acceptable?

Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ellen from United Kingdom | Oct. 10, 2017 03:17
To convert your L type into an S type within China, first, you need to provide passport, a passport-style photo, a completed application form, valid registration form of temporary residence, an invitation letter from your husband and copies of his passport and residence permit in China, as well as your marriage certificate. And then go to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB to submit the application. Maybe the scanned copy of certificate is acceptable, and you can call the local PSB to inquire that.
Related Questions:
can i apply for visa in mumbai?
Asked by rajesh shah from USA
| May. 18, 2014 01:53
If I fly from Taipei to Shanghai back to Taipei, do I qualify for the 72 ho...
Asked by wally from taiwan
| May. 12, 2015 20:45
Can I apply for a Chinese spouse visa in USA if I'm not a resident?
Asked by Patty from Colombia
| Nov. 26, 2015 03:33
Z type for China American passport holder apply from India?
Asked by KarRy from China
| Jun. 29, 2015 01:03
Dual citizen-can I use Phil passport to get Chinese visa in NY?
Asked by Anja from USA
| Jun. 16, 2015 20:08
Taiwan --> Hong Kong -->Beijing --> Taiwan
Asked by Shannell from USA
| Feb. 03, 2015 02:03
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)