Asked by Nikki from United States | Sep. 26, 2017 17:44
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

2 Questions on 72 hour free transit

First: I will be arriving in Beijing in April 29, 2018 from the US with a valid passport. I will be staying less than 72 hours from arrival to departure. I fly out to Japan early on May 3, 2018. I believe this does not require a tourist travel L, correct?
Second: On my way home from Japan on May 11, 2018, I have a 17 hour layover in Beijing and depart for the US on the 12th. This would also be covered and not require an entry permit?
Both stays are less than 72 hours, however combined the stays are over 72 hours. Is there a limit of how many times I can use the 72 hrs free transit?
Thank you for your time in advance.

Answers (1)
Answered by Thomas | Sep. 27, 2017 00:33
From april 29 to may 03 it's 4 days and you're way over the 72h.
You have to apply for a L visa.
But maybe you have some luck and the new 144h twow policy is in service at this time and you can stay up to 6 days.
I would check at the end of the year again.
Related Questions:
72 hour visa uncertainty
Asked by Matthew from USA
| Jul. 22, 2016 02:22
On 72 hour visa; When leaving Beijing and China, is 2 hour layover in Guang...
Asked by Reuben Powell from USA
| Nov. 16, 2016 12:54
Canada - Shanghai - Hong Kong - Canada
Asked by BC from Canada
| Jan. 10, 2014 02:52
Does 72 hour visa apply if using 2 different airlines?
Asked by Dara from USA
| Nov. 30, 2017 00:13
Multiple 72 hours
Asked by Johnny from UK
| May. 08, 2018 21:23
Is there no exception to the 24 hour rule?
Asked by Tommy from USA
| Sep. 11, 2018 05:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)