Asked by Lily Xu from USA | Sep. 25, 2017 21:01
About:China Consulate in Los Angeles

Can I have a road trip to Tibet without Chinese ID card but only chinese passport?

My husband and I are going to have a road trip from Chengdu to Lassa, Tibet in 2 weeks. We are citizens of P.R.China but do not have ID cards of china (shen fen zheng). Can we travel those area without ID card but only Chinese passport? Do we need any additional documents besides of our Chinese passports to go this trip? If yes, how to apply for those required documents?

Answers (1)
Answered by Richard from USA | Sep. 26, 2017 00:58
Lily Xu, you can have a trip to Tibet without ID card but only Chinese passport. No need to apply for any additional documents besides of Chinese passports for the trip. But you are not allowed to go to some border areas without Chinese ID, such as Motuo and Shigatse. Nice trip!
Related Questions:
Hong Kong ID card and how to enter Tibet?
Asked by Kim Wong from United Kingdom
| Jun. 10, 2013 04:15
Irish Citizen working in Korea looking to get Chinese Visa
Asked by Adrian from Korea
| Jan. 05, 2014 03:13
HK ID Card and ID card for China
Asked by Christina from Hong Kong
| Feb. 17, 2013 00:12
Can I get Chinese tourist visa in Sofia on 5 days?
Asked by Baklavadzhyan Mariam from Bulgaria
| Jun. 24, 2015 04:52
Hi! I have Chinese Passport and Canadian Permanent Residence Card. Can I en...
Asked by Shelley from China
| Jul. 07, 2016 02:19
Lost my Hk ID card but remember the ID#, can I renew one in Vancouver?
Asked by Ms. Chui from Canada
| Mar. 14, 2012 22:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)