Asked by Joe from United Kingdom | Sep. 20, 2017 08:19
About:FAQ of Chinese Visa Application

Staying with a non-Chinese student

I will be visiting a friend in Shanghai for a week or so next year. He is also from the UK and is studying there at the moment. I intend to stay with him on a tourist L but I will have no proof of residence booking since I won't be paying for residence. What additional documents would I need to secure a tourist L? Or would I require a different type of entry permit for this?

Answers (1)
Answered by Natalie from Denmark | Sep. 20, 2017 21:27
Joe, you can ask your friend to provide you an invitation letter, and then the proof of residence booking is not required for the application of L type. You can find invitation sample at this website, and then download it and fill it out. Your friend needs to sign it.
Related Questions:
I have visa study, can I apply for China green card?
Asked by Mohammed Abdalla Adim from Sudan
| Mar. 11, 2018 21:03
Renew Chinese travel document for 7 years old
Asked by Lina from United Kingdom
| Jun. 11, 2018 21:38
Are immunizations required for students traveling to China. Only staying f...
Asked by Linda from USA
| May. 22, 2014 02:52
Is it okay if I apply for the X1 2 months earlier? Will it reduce my stayin...
Asked by Ha from Vietnam
| Jul. 11, 2018 19:07
What is the type of visa i can apply? What all the documents needed to be s...
Asked by skrishna from India
| Mar. 24, 2014 02:47
I would like to travel to Shanghai for 8 days with a German passport. Do I ...
Asked by Klara from Germany
| Aug. 17, 2014 02:09
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)