Asked by Susan Scherrer from USA | Sep. 12, 2017 14:52
About:Chinese Consulate in New York

U.S. student lost his Chinese passport

One of our Chinese students lost his passport after arriving in the US. Does he need to go to the embassy in New York City (we are about 1 and 1/2 hours north) to get a replacement? If so, does he need an appointment, and what documents should he prepare?

After he applies for a replacement, can you tell us how long it would take to receive the new one?

Thank you for your help.

Answers (1)
Answered by Harriet from Germany | Sep. 12, 2017 21:21
Yes, he needs to go the embassy or the consulate where he resides in person and make an online appointment for the application to get a replacement. He can prepare a completed application form, and 4 passport-style photos, copy of Chinese ID card, residence permit in the US, an introduction letter as well as other documents the consular officers consider necessary. The processing time for the replacement is undetermined.
Related Questions:
Replacement of lost passport
Asked by Levine M from Canada
| May. 20, 2016 22:30
my friends daughter,17 yrs old lost her chinese passport and she is an inte...
Asked by Sue from USA
| Apr. 25, 2018 20:56
Lost passport by visiting 13 year old Chinese student
Asked by Ralph from Ogden
| Jul. 24, 2012 04:41
I have US passport and was born in Shanghai. I lost my Chinese passport. Wh...
Asked by Ray Chow
| Feb. 25, 2012 03:49
I have a valid Chinese visa in my old passport. Can I travel with both pas...
Asked by db from New Zealand
| Jan. 22, 2017 21:18
Hi - thanks Ms. ENID. Although my father was born in China and currently h...
Asked by Mr.John Chiu from USA
| Feb. 28, 2011 02:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)