Asked by sandra ahmed from Egypt | Jul. 25, 2017 12:02
About:China Visa Application Requirements

if i get a tourist (L), i can change it to residence permit (student) in china easily?

i wanna ask if i get a tourist (L), i can change it to residence permit (student) in china easily, and what i have to do when i go to china, the point is i have my Original and photocopy of the Admission Letter issued by a school or other entities in PRC and Original and photocopy of “Visa Application for Study in China” (form JW201 or Form JW202). but my JW201 form registration deadline is already gone my school said i can take a tourist L and they will help to change it so i wanna make sure from this because i is too risky to get tourist L and end up to go back after one month. so please help me and tell me what will happen if it possible.

Answers (1)
Answered by Vicente from Republic of Korea | Jul. 25, 2017 20:45
Hi, you cannot change L type to residence permit in China. But you can try to convert L type into X1 type at the local PSB. If it can be done, you can try to apply for the residence permit then.
Related Questions:
Hi, Could you please tell what kinds of visas will give me the rights to st...
Asked by Amily from UK
| Dec. 17, 2014 01:52
Changing tourist L to student X type
Asked by Ardonis Ndlovu from South Africa
| Aug. 22, 2017 21:30
Can I change from an L to S1 visa in Beijing with out leaving the mainland
Asked by Safia from South africa
| Aug. 20, 2018 20:33
conversion of q2 or L type visa into x type
Asked by aimo from China
| Oct. 16, 2014 20:52
If I go to china by L visa can I change it in china or have a residence per...
Asked by dorna from Iran
| Mar. 15, 2017 22:32
hi im from india i have Gf in china i am student in one of the chinese un...
Mr.SAN2054 from India
| Oct. 29, 2010 02:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)