Asked by Verónica from Spain | Jul. 14, 2017 15:19
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

2 different visas but using one?

Hi, I'm from Spain and I applyed for the X1 type for students for a period longer than 180 days. I'll go to Shanghai the 11th of August, the problem is that I have another trip to Vietnam the 16th, and I come back to Shanghai the 30th. The X1 type just allows me one enter, I would need a Resident Permission to enter the second time but I won't have enough time for that before the 16th.
My cuestion is, can I apply for a tourist L type now, here in Spain, and use it on the first entry to China, and reserve the other one, the X1 for students, for the second time?

Answers (1)
Answered by Thomas | Jul. 15, 2017 13:14
No you can´t apply for a tourist L type as you have an valid visa in your passport.
If you apply for an L type, your X type will be invalid.

But when you enter Shanghai the first time, you´re eligible for the 144h twov.
Just make it clear at the immigration, that you wanna use the 144h twov and not your x type.
Related Questions:
I fly into hong kong; have a separate one way ticket from hong kong to Guan...
Asked by rISHABH from Canada
| Aug. 31, 2016 04:05
transfer in two tickets
Asked by marek from Poland
| Jan. 07, 2017 23:31
Copenhagen-PEK airport - Osaka then Tokyo-shanghai Hongqiao / Shanghai Pudd...
Asked by Johan from Sweden
| Jun. 01, 2016 03:34
pingyao train station - ancient city train station ?
Asked by Manfred from Germany
| Apr. 22, 2015 04:49
Planning to arrive in Beijing, travel to Xian by train, fly to Guilin and t...
Asked by Glenda from Singapore
| Oct. 11, 2017 22:20
Visa questionfor Henygang China and for Hong Kong
Asked by Don B from USA
| May. 14, 2017 22:09
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)