Asked by Maeve from CanadaM | Jul. 07, 2017 11:14
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

I'm travelling to china to volunteer in Henan province for six weeks before travelling to Shanghai

where I will study for a year. I have an L type for my volunteering, and I know I won't be able to make it to Shanghai in time to apply for a residence permit. I wasn't able to get the documents I needed from my school in time to apply for a X type before I left, so I've planned to come back to Canada to get that visa. But would it be possible to apply for the X type while in Henan province? It would save a day of travel and the cost of a return plane ticket.

Answers (1)
Answered by Edison from Netherlands | Jul. 09, 2017 22:09
Maeve, if possible, you can try to convert the L type to X type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB in Shanghai because you will study in Shanghai, not Henan. If it can be done, you don’t need to go back to Canada anymore. It’s worth a try.
Related Questions:
I am an Irish citizen and i will be travelling to China in the next few wee...
Asked by Mr.Sanusi from Ohindase
| Mar. 27, 2011 21:18
Is it possible to request a visa that starts the day before travel. as opps...
Asked by Millton from New Zealand
| Nov. 19, 2011 01:08
Visa application china
Asked by kirsten from Netherlands
| Feb. 19, 2014 03:19
Where is WuShi, China in the Henan Province?
Asked by Sue Santkuyl from USA
| Nov. 22, 2013 19:43
Hi,sir I need to visit Puyang City,Henan Province so kindly help me with th...
Asked by Mr.PRATIK from India
| Aug. 16, 2010 03:13
Hello, I am working as a volunteer in Uganda and cannot return to Dublin, ...
Asked by Mrs.Finley from Ireland
| Sep. 28, 2009 21:42
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)