Asked by ERESHERMOSA | Jun. 08, 2017 06:31
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

I am British and wish to join my Chinese spouse in China. I have been advised to try for a Q1 type.

My question is what is the maximum amount of time I can stay on this visa and what is the procedure for renewing once in China? I wish to stay with her as long as possible so what do I write on the application form where it says maximum intended stay in China?

Thanks a million!

Answers (1)
Answered by Vicki from United Kingdom | Jun. 08, 2017 21:53
Hi, if you hold the Q1type, after entering China, you can apply for a residence permit which will allow you to stay in China for 1 year or more.
You can extend your residence permit at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB one month earlier before it expires. If it can be done, you don't need to go back to your home country.
First, you need to provide passport and its copy, a passport-style photo, a completed application form, residence permit in China, an invitation letter and your spouse'd ID card, as well as your marriage certificate. And then go to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB to extend it.
Related Questions:
I have a tough year for 2014 both financial and relationship, any chance fo...
Asked by Linar from Philippines
| Dec. 30, 2014 09:59
I am an Australian citizen. Can I get visa from Colombo
Asked by Guest
| Aug. 21, 2013 01:34
A Spouse looking to Work in China
Asked by Grandison from America
| Apr. 17, 2013 01:55
hi,i am in china for study i want my spouse come china for visit so what ...
Asked by amin from pakistan
| Oct. 24, 2012 03:13
Bringing my wife and two kids to China from Singapore
Asked by Sean Clark from USA
| Nov. 05, 2017 21:01
How I can get Invitation from China for L type VISA
Asked by shahid from Bangladesh
| Oct. 25, 2016 22:11
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)