Asked by Qaithsi from Singapore | Jun. 05, 2017 15:32
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

I have a visa valid for 30 days. I will arrive on 28 July and leave on 28 Auguest.

Will I be considered overstaying? What if I arrive on 29 July and leave on 28 August (this will be 31 days including landing and departing days).

Answers (5)
Answered by Lisa from Singapore | Jun. 05, 2017 20:55
Qaithsi, I'm afraid it will be considered as overstaying.
But it's okay if you arrive on 29 July and leave on 28 August because the duration time in China will start from 0:00 of the next day after your entry.
Answered by Qaithsi from Singapore | Jun. 06, 2017 05:39
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your reply. I will reach at 11 pm. If I wait till midnight for change of date before approaching immigration, can I get an extra day? Thanks.
Answered by Lisa | Jun. 06, 2017 19:58
If you reach China at 11 pm on July 29, the 30 days will start from July 30, and then you can stay till August 28. In this case, you actually stay for an extra day in China.
Answered by Qaithsi from Singapore | Jun. 06, 2017 20:54
Hi Lisa, No the actual scenario is like this: I will reach at 11 pm on 28 July and return on 28 August, which means if they start counting from 29 July, it will be 31 days. What I was suggesting is that if I do not exit the airport right after landing and spend one hour inside so that it becomes 29 July when I reach immigration counter. Let's say my passport is stamped at 00:10 am on 29 July. In this case will they start counting from 30 July and I will be able to fly back on 28 August? It's expensive to change tickets, so if this options can work that will be great.
Thaks for your help.
Answered by Lisa | Jun. 07, 2017 01:18
Dear, you can have a try, but I cannot assure if it can work. Or there is an alternative way. You can extend your visa 7 days prior to its expiry date and it won’t cost a lot. In this case, there won’t be any problem.
Related Questions:
My chinese visa expiring 30 Oct & 30 days for duration. Can I enter China ...
Asked by currie from Hong KOng
| Oct. 24, 2016 22:40
I will be going to Beijing on 28 - 30 October 2009 (3 days). Do I need a v...
| Oct. 20, 2009 02:47
Can I use this Chinese visa to enter mainland China?
Asked by Mike from United States of America
| Mar. 17, 2014 01:29
Can i stay in china for 30 days after entering last day of my visa validity...
Asked by raj kumar from India
| Jan. 20, 2017 20:35
I need to go to China on an internship for 4 weeks( 28 days ).I have an an ...
Asked by Mr.R.Sukhendra Reddy from India
| Nov. 23, 2010 20:30
I plan to mainland China and Taiwan
Asked by Jamie from United Kingdom
| Jun. 14, 2015 22:40
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)