Asked by kdw from USA | May. 22, 2017 22:01
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

72 Hour free transit facility for US Citizens: Beijing and Hong Kong

This summer my mom and I (US passport holders) want to fly from Incheon, South Korea to Beijing, stay for one night and fly to Hong Kong to stay for 2 nights, then fly back to Korea. I read the information above and think that our travel plans follow the guidelines for traveling to 3 countries on the 72 hour free transit.
I am basing this understanding off the following: "In addition, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan are regarded as a third region in terms of transit issues. If a flight passes USA – Beijing – Hong Kong/Macau/Taiwan, passengers are able to enjoy."
According to the information read, it seems as though we must fly to Hong Kong.
I understand that we are to tell the SK airline at check-in about our travel plans and that we must request permission to leave the airport in Beijing, because we will be touring the Great Wall.
I need to make sure I understand this policy correctly before booking our flights.
Can we use the visa for these travel plans?

Answers (1)
Answered by Frank from Denmark | May. 22, 2017 22:29
Hi, you can use the 72 hour free transit in Beijing if you travel like that. Have a nice trip!
Related Questions:
US-Australia-Hong Kong-Beijing-US
Asked by Janet from USA
| Feb. 03, 2013 21:54
Visa Question. Thanks in advance!
Asked by Mark from USA
| Jul. 17, 2018 17:51
Will the 72 hour transit apply if I'm flying to Guangzhou and taking a trai...
Asked by Al from USA
| Apr. 14, 2014 01:47
Air arrival and coach bus departure from China qualify for 72 hour transit ...
Asked by Sweetie from USA
| May. 14, 2017 22:31
22 hour layover in Shanghai
Asked by Bianca Robinson from United States
| Aug. 24, 2018 12:58
can a US passport holder fly Bangkok-Shanghai-Hong kong-Bangkok with this 7...
Asked by Sanguan from Thailand
| Sep. 28, 2013 03:33
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)