Asked by Jan from China | Apr. 24, 2017 01:27
About:Chinese Temporary Residence Permit

I want to leave China when my temporary residence permit expires

I have a temporary residence permit until 22nd of February 2018. My company says that at the end of my contract I have to get this permit converted into a tourist visa before I can leave the country. So at the end of my contract I would not be able to work and have to wait for weeks until I get a tourist L type? Do I also have to tell my local police station that I'm leaving the country for good? Cant I just go home without having to convert my residence permit?

Answers (2)
Answered by Dante from Denmark | Apr. 24, 2017 20:28
If you can leave China before your residence permit expires, no tourist L type will be needed then. Otherwise, you should apply for one so that you can stay in China legally.
Answered by Ankit from India | Mar. 18, 2019 02:26
Hi Jan,

I am in a similar situation. Can you describe if you faced any issue:
1. While exiting China without cancelling residence permit
2. While entering China again on a different visa.
Related Questions:
How do I go from temporary residence permit to temporary working residence ...
Asked by Alex from China
| Mar. 17, 2012 03:03
Chinese residence permit
Asked by Kira from South Africa
| Feb. 27, 2018 03:54
Please i have been given VISA and currently in china to visit my husband w...
Asked by Esi from China
| May. 04, 2017 21:05
Update Temporary Visa to Q1 Type
Asked by darrell from USA
| Sep. 29, 2015 03:14
Applying for a employment visa
Asked by Charlene
| Jun. 15, 2018 01:51
I am currently attending school in China and have a temporary resident perm...
Asked by Ms.Smith from China
| Dec. 13, 2010 20:06
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)