Asked by Lindy from South Africa | Feb. 18, 2017 17:51
About:China Visa Renewal and Extension

Applying for S2 visa whilst in China on a tourist visa

I am currently on a tourist L type visiting family in Shanghai (my L type expires the 28th of Feb). They both have work visas and I would like to stay longer to take care of their little baby. Is it possible to apply for a S2 type in China or must I exit the country to Hong Kong or Thailand (which is where I got my tourist L type) to apply for the visa?
Side note : I've already been to the Exit and Entry offices and asked for an extention of my tourist L type but they told me "you cannot extend a tourist L type" Thanks for your help.

Answers (1)
Answered by Heidi from USA | Feb. 19, 2017 01:51
You can go to the office again to try to change your L type to a S1 type in order to get the temporary residence permit and stay longer. I'm not sure whether they will allow you to do this, but you can have a try.
Related Questions:
How many photographs needed for S2 Visa
Asked by N.S Kothari from U.S.A
| Sep. 26, 2013 04:51
How much does an S2 visa cost when applying from England?
Asked by Harry from United Kingdom
| May. 05, 2016 22:28
Can I enter China on a tourist L type, then change it to a spouse visa whi...
Asked by ray from mark2112
| Jul. 27, 2016 21:44
How do i apply for a travel visa to China whilst am in Hong Kong?
Asked by Loraine from Zimbabwe
| Jul. 06, 2018 01:45
S2 visa. I have an s2, is it possible to extend it?
Asked by Phillip from USA
| Mar. 15, 2018 22:57
My work permit doesn't have my wife listed as acommpanying me
Asked by mike from usa
| Aug. 13, 2018 20:04
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)