Asked by Andrew Chub from United Kingdom | Feb. 13, 2017 23:49
About:China Embassy in South Korea

Leaving Korea to visit China on the way home

I'm leaving Korea on March 2nd and not returning. I want to get a tourist visa to China but an agent has said I cannot get one because I do not have 6 months on the arc. But I am not returning to Korea so why is this necessary? On the forms I didn' see anything about arc details. I have more than 6 months on my passport and I have proof of onward travel. What more do I need to show?

Answers (1)
Answered by Lee from China | Feb. 14, 2017 02:07
Andrew, usually, aside from the passport and air ticket, you also need to provide your ARC card in Korea, the application form, and a passport-style photo, as well as hotel reservation. You can still try to make the application in Korea.
Related Questions:
Transit visit to hong kong. how can I apply for the visa from here? how lon...
Asked by Diggu from Nepal
| Jul. 30, 2015 20:42
Can I get a visa in Korea without 6 months left on my ARC card?
Asked by Phil from South Korea
| Dec. 04, 2012 01:03
Hi, I am looking to visit China for a week or so on my way home from trave...
Asked by Ms.Emer Griffin from Ireland
| Mar. 11, 2011 21:34
Hi, I am a UK citizen living and working in Korea with an E2 visa
Asked by Amy from Korea
| Jan. 16, 2017 20:21
Auckland to Seoul with stopover tasferring in Shanghai
Asked by Wono from New Zealand
| Apr. 12, 2017 04:33
applying for a Chinese visa in seoul for a New Zealand passport holder
Asked by alister BLAND from New Zealand
| Apr. 03, 2014 04:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)