Asked by Elizabeth from Taiwan | Feb. 13, 2017 08:45
About:China Embassy in South Africa

Living in Taiwan - transit through China to North Korea?

Hey, I would like to know if a visa is required for me to transit from Beijing with a train to Dandong where I will enter into North Korea. I also need to exit from North Korea through Dandong to Shenyang to return to Taipei.

If a G-type is required for this transit, where can I apply for this...I was told that this is no longer permitted in Hong Kong or Macau, can I get it from the Philippines?

I hope that someone is able to assist me with this.

Answers (3)
Answered by Marie from Singapore | Feb. 14, 2017 00:45
If your total layover time in China is not more than 24 hours each time, you will be able to make use of the 24 hour direct transit in China in both directions, and then no transit G type will be needed.
Answered by Elizabeth from Taiwan | Feb. 14, 2017 04:36
Thanks for the reply, but in this case will I be allowed to exit the airport to catch a train to Dandong?
Answered by Marie | Feb. 15, 2017 21:33
Elizabeth, you need to apply for a free temporary stay permit at the airport and then you can go to catch the train.
Related Questions:
Transit Visa - can it be multiple entry?
Asked by Peter Williams
| Oct. 06, 2012 02:11
Taipeh - Beijing - North Korea - Beijing - Germany
Asked by Confused from Germany
| Mar. 09, 2017 19:47
German national entering Beijing from Taiwan and then again from North Kore...
Asked by verena from Germany
| Feb. 23, 2017 20:16
I am an American living in South Korea. Is it possible to apply for a Chin...
Asked by Mrs.Valerie Stewart from USA/ South Korea
| May. 31, 2010 05:00
Are people not allowed to go in North Korea?
Asked by Shin Lee from Korea
| Aug. 22, 2018 19:36
Is a transit visa required for a South African passport holder.
Asked by Miss. K. Naidu from South Korea (South African citizen)
| Dec. 21, 2012 00:48
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)