Asked by GEORGE TANGATA HARRIS from New Zealand | Feb. 12, 2017 15:41
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

144 hour visa for Shanghai and areas around Shanghai,Shenzhen and leave fro Hong Kong.

Hello from New Zealand,
Due to one of our manufacturers not being able to complete our product shipment before Chinese New Year holiday we would like to apply for a 144 hour China entry permit on arrival to Shanghai. Because we are told production will be ready 17-19th February 2017 we would want to be at the factory before loading for quality/quantity control purposes.Other manufacturers we are doing business with are also in the Shanghai,Shenzhen area and we would also like to visit them as they are producing product for us also.We would like to leave via Hong Kong after we have been to Shenzhen.Is this possible as we would like to leave NZ on the 15th February 2017.

Answers (1)
Answered by Edith from Australia | Feb. 13, 2017 20:16
George, if you travel like New Zealand-Shanghai (not more than 144 hours)-HK, you will be able to use the 144 hour free transit in Shanghai; but when you enjoy the 144 hour free transit in Shanghai, you won’t be allowed to visit Shenzhen.
Related Questions:
Visit to Shanghai then Hong Kong
Asked by John from USA
| May. 22, 2016 21:32
Hong Kong - Shanghai - London (via Hong Kong) OK for 144 hour visa for Chin...
Asked by Ben Horton from United Kingdom
| Sep. 08, 2018 00:14
Can I fly UK Beijing Hong Kong UK on 144 hour visa exemption?
Asked by Lynda Smith from United Kingdom
| Feb. 21, 2018 21:21
Swedish passport holder
Asked by Bruce Au from Hong Kong
| Nov. 25, 2017 23:46
144 hour free transit for Canada (citizen)
Asked by Tyler from Canada
| Aug. 26, 2017 17:02
Fly in and leave by train?
Asked by Richard from UK
| Jun. 04, 2018 17:11
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)