Asked by Ashraf from Bangladesh | Feb. 09, 2017 03:24
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Work visa (z) to Student type (x)

I have switched my working type (Z) to student (X1) type from my country but I still have the resident permit of Shanghai (my working place) but now with the X1 type i have to go to Beijing to do my Phd. But for the clearance purpose my company is asking me to do the following steps:

1. The procedure for cancellation of Work Permit
Documents to submit (5 working days to process)
a. application to cancel work permit for foreign nationals (signature required)
b. The original Work Permit
2. The procedure for cancellation of Working Visa
Documents to submit (at least 7 working days to process)
a. Passport (passport will be returned after completion-at least 7 days)
b. 1 copy 2 inches colour photo
c. Temporary residency certificate (临时住宿证明)-original & photocopy
but as i know when i apply for student type my work type gets canceled automatically.
In this case do I have to follow those procedures.
Please advise me...

Answers (1)
Answered by Flora from Japan | Feb. 09, 2017 19:25
Ashraf, you need to follow the process. When you quit your job, you need to cancel the work permit first.
Related Questions:
Two Visa
Asked by Erica from USA
| Aug. 21, 2016 22:12
what is the rule to convert X visa to Z type?
Asked by USMAN from China
| Jun. 01, 2016 20:17
Apply before expiry of previous visa
Asked by Liz from Australia
| Jul. 16, 2017 21:24
Transition from student visa to work Z type
Asked by car from China
| May. 04, 2016 03:13
x visa to z visa
Asked by Cindy from Philippines
| Mar. 09, 2015 02:27
Want to convert student visa to work Z type
Asked by Asif from Pakistan
| Feb. 08, 2018 00:15
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)