Asked by Jai joshi from United Kingdom | Jan. 30, 2017 03:52
About:Shanghai Pudong Airport

My question is that I am flying to Shanghai tomorrow from Jeju Island(South Korea).

I have a connecting flight but the next day at 6am to Taipei on the same Terminal 1 with China Eastern Airlines. I am a British Citizen, I wanted to know in this case will I be allow access to leave the airport for 10hrs wondering around SH then back to airport 4hrs before my flight?
Also, will I need to collect my baggage as it's the same airline?
Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Austin from Denmark | Feb. 02, 2017 21:10
You don't need to apply for the visa. You can enjoy the 24 hours visa-free policy because your stopover is just around 10 hours. However, if you wanna leave the airport, you need to apply for a stay permit at the airport. Then you are allowed to tour around downtown area. In addition, you are international to international transfer in T1 with China Eastern Airlines, you don't need to collect the luggage at PVG and reclaim them.
Related Questions:
I have 12 hours overlay. can I get hotel? do I need China visa?
Asked by Patrick Travers from USA
| Mar. 25, 2015 21:23
Hello my name is Sam, from Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyzstan).
Asked by Samat from Kyrgyzstan
| Mar. 07, 2017 21:20
Do we need a Transit VIsa in Shanghai, flying from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia t...
Asked by L S Cheam from Malaysia
| Aug. 09, 2016 20:57
stopover twice in Shanghai
Asked by Kim from USA
| Mar. 26, 2016 22:09
Am I qualified for the 144 hours free transit?
Asked by Lieselotte from Belgium
| Oct. 10, 2017 20:42
Visa on Arrival at Shanghai
Asked by Djoko Hartoyo from Indonesia
| Jun. 28, 2012 02:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)