Asked by Marie from USA | Jan. 01, 2017 00:55
About:Policy for Foreigners with Immediate Family Living in China

From tourist visa to resident permit

Hello my husband is under a z visa in China. I came to China on a tourist visa and now I currently have the z visa under his. What happens to my tourist visa? Do I need to go back to the us before the tourist visa expires date and The z visa will take into effect? If so, do I still have to register for the entry of China and do all the medical examination again?

Answers (1)
Answered by Alan from Canada | Jan. 02, 2017 03:51
As you have got the Z type, your tourist L type has already expired. The Z type takes effect from the date of issue, and you need to register for the entry of China. Take the medical exam as soon as possible in order to apply for the temporary stay permit.
Related Questions:
I'm Malaysian student, planning to travel from Prague to Kuala Lumpur overl...
Asked by Maru from Malaysia
| Feb. 06, 2015 02:07
Are resident permit holders exempt from Hong Kong visa?
Asked by Chris from Australia
| Mar. 15, 2015 02:48
what is the requirements for a tourist visa to Hong Kong. I have Chinese re...
Asked by eno from Ghana
| Jul. 18, 2011 21:14
For Pakistanis, is an invitation from macau resident required to apply for ...
Asked by Maria from United Arab Emirates
| Aug. 09, 2011 01:14
Tourist visa needed or not?
Asked by Charmaine from Canada
| Dec. 23, 2015 21:27
I'm a brazilian living in China with Z visa, resident permit, how can I get...
Asked by Ichiro Yadoya from Brazil
| Mar. 02, 2015 02:37
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)