Asked by Joel from Maldives | Nov. 26, 2016 22:17
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Transiting Shanghai on US Passport that expires in less than three months

Greetings! I am a US citizen traveling to the USA from Maldives. I will be transiting Shanghai for less than 72 hours, then flying to Hong Kong for a few days, before continuing to USA. My US Passport expires in February (less than the normal six month validity requirement for entry to China). My question is - Can I enter Shanghai and get the 72 hour transit if my US Passport expires in three months? I also have a valid Chinese 'Crew Visa' which would have no bearing on this trip, since I am traveling as a passenger. Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Linda from China | Nov. 27, 2016 02:13
Joel, you can enter Shanghai and get this 72h free transit. The Crew entry permit may not be used because you are not on your duty on the transportation tool.
Related Questions:
China - Passport less than 6 months with valid unexpired visa
Asked by Sam Yuen from USA
| Oct. 31, 2012 02:35
INDIAN travelling HONG KONG MACAU, mid July. What is the minimum Indian pas...
Asked by rashmi from India
| Jul. 08, 2013 04:30
What type of visa should I apply for a non-paid internship for less than 3 ...
Asked by John Lau from USA
| May. 06, 2016 21:03
Flying in shanghai for 3 hours layover
Asked by Sp from Singaporr
| Aug. 30, 2017 21:01
I'm from US and want to get the 144-hour free transit for a short round-tri...
Asked by Ian from USA
| Dec. 29, 2016 21:50
Passport Query
Asked by Claire from Ireland
| Oct. 10, 2016 03:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)