Asked by David from USA | Nov. 22, 2016 13:44
About:China Visa Exemption

I'm traveling from the US, with passport, and stopping in Shanghai for 3 days

and then traveling to Okinawa for 4 days. I will then be flying home from Okinawa to PVG, and then using a different airline ticket (3 hour layover) from PVG to Boston (US). What do I need to get in order to stay in the country for the 1st 3 days, and then stop over on my return flight? Will i apply for a 72hr visa free visit, and I wont need anything for the 2nd stop since i'm not leaving the airport? Or will i need something special for the return trip home?

thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Edwards from Spain | Nov. 22, 2016 21:33
David, you can enjoy the 72 hour free transit in Shanghai for your first 3-day visit there.
When you re-enter Shanghai and stay for 3 hours to catch the connecting flight, you can enjoy the 24 hour direct transit.
In this case, no entry permit will be needed at all.
Related Questions:
do i need/where to get/and how to get a chinese visa?
Asked by drew from Philippines
| Apr. 14, 2013 22:25
Would i need a visa? Or can I use 144 hr visa free transit?
Asked by Josselyn from USA
| Dec. 07, 2017 20:10
United States passport holder traveling for business
Asked by Vickie from USA
| Feb. 22, 2018 01:55
Do we qualify for 144 hour visa on our visit?
Asked by Lynn C. from USA
| Oct. 07, 2016 22:35
im arriving from a cruise in shanghai i will stay 3 days then leave back to...
Asked by yulieth motta from United States
| Sep. 26, 2018 02:32
Multiple cities
Asked by Julie Eplett from United States
| Aug. 24, 2016 22:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)