Asked by Rach from USA | Oct. 21, 2016 06:47
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

72 hour visa or direct transit effects on a single entry tourist L type

Say someone flys from USA to Taiwan with a long layover in Shanghai. After spending time in Taiwan, they return go to a different part of China to spend a longer time there. The individual only has a single entry tourist L type for China. If they obtain a 72 hour free transit (or a direct transit if applicable) for the layover in Shanghai, could they then use the single entry tourist L type when visiting China for a longer period after Taiwan? Or would would their single entry be used up when arriving in Shanghai for the layover?

Answers (1)
Answered by Harry from Austria | Oct. 21, 2016 22:27
Rach, if he/she travels like that and stay in Shanghai for not more than 144 hours, she/he can enjoy 144 hour free transit in Shanghai and leave the single entry tourist L type for the next entry to PRC, but when passing through the immigration, she/he needs to tell the consular officers that she/he wants to use the free transit in Shanghai this time.
Related Questions:
On tourist L types, if we go to HK, can he use the 72 hour free transit to ...
Asked by Kelsey Day-Graham from Canada
| Jul. 27, 2016 20:50
I am flying Hong Kong to Beijing and then Beijing to the UK with a 3 day st...
Asked by Sarah from United Kingdom
| Mar. 08, 2017 00:00
visit go to third country and return. first visit on tourist visa second on...
Asked by an from nz
| Apr. 07, 2018 09:59
Confirm the 72 hour Transit fee
Asked by Guo yan from Uk
| Dec. 09, 2015 19:36
can I use the 72 hour free transit in Beijing?
Asked by Elisa from Germany
| Feb. 18, 2016 11:01
have return ticket to beijing. 72 hr transit before travel to taipei?
Asked by laura brown from uk
| Aug. 21, 2016 22:10
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)