Asked by Connie from France | Oct. 17, 2016 11:43
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

We will be traveling from Paris (CDG) to Sydney in November.

On our return journey in January 2017 we would like to stop over in Shanghai for 4 days. From all that I have been reading, you are allowed to stay in Shanghai for 144 hours on a free visa. MY Husband will be traveling with an Australian passport and I travel with an American passport. But we do not live in the States. We reside in France, and I have a French Residency card which allows we to enter and leave France whenever we travel without a problem. Do we qualify for the 144 hour free transit, since we will only be in Shanghai for 4 days? Is there a phone number I can call to clarify this matter. I really don't want to spend 4 days in the Shanghai transit lounge. Thanks you, Connie

Answers (1)
Answered by Edwina from italy | Oct. 17, 2016 22:41
Connie, don’t worry! You qualify for the 144 hour free transit in Shanghai. You can contact with Shanghai airport immigration inspection office and confirm that by calling 0086-21-51105100.
Related Questions:
Flying through Guangzhou airport
Asked by Lukas from Czech
| Mar. 07, 2016 03:48
Paris-beijing capital international - nanjin Lukou-sydney
Asked by Nicolas walter from France
| Aug. 25, 2018 10:31
Transit visa in pekin
Asked by Angelina TAVARES De Almeida from Portugal
| Oct. 01, 2018 16:34
question about Direct Transit
Asked by N B from Costa Rica
| Jul. 27, 2017 21:08
i transit in pudong shanghai, from corea seoul to paris cdg, have a French ...
Asked by john
| Aug. 27, 2011 01:43
Do I qualify for the 72 hour fee transit as a passport U.S. citizen?
Asked by Susan from Seoul
| Jun. 07, 2014 02:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)