Asked by Connie R. from France | Oct. 12, 2016 05:39
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

My husband and I will be going to Australia from Paris.

On our return to Paris we will have a stopover in Shanghai for 4 days. My husband will be traveling with an Australian passport and I hold a US passport. However, I do not live in the USA. We live in France, and I hold a French residency permit card. Do I need to get a visa for our stopover in Shanghai? Does my husband require that? We will only be in Shanghai, we will not be visiting anywhere else. Are we both eligible for the 144 hour free transit permit?

Answers (1)
Answered by Greg from Netherlands | Oct. 12, 2016 21:42
I don’t think you need to apply for it for your stopover in Shanghai because both of you can enjoy the 144 hour free transit there.
Related Questions:
My wife and I have are flying from australia to paris with a stop over in B...
Asked by Mr.Jsd from Australia
| Mar. 21, 2011 03:19
Connecting flight at Guangzou on way from Australia to Paris means going do...
Asked by Mr.pat from australia
| Feb. 16, 2011 02:12
You provided a response to my recent Email on your website today. My query ...
Asked by Mr.John Johnson from Australia
| Mar. 22, 2011 01:43
Do we need a multi entry Visa and do we qualify for a multi entry Visa
Asked by Vic from Australia
| Feb. 22, 2012 03:11
Is there anywhere I can catch a nap at Beijing capital airport? Do I need a...
Asked by Ms.Andrea from Australia
| Dec. 20, 2010 23:07
Transit through Guangzhou on way to and from France
Asked by Ramona from Australia
| Nov. 15, 2015 03:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)