Asked by Tim from China | Oct. 04, 2016 08:37
About:China Family Reunion Visa

Renewing family reunion residence permit in a city other than where my spouse's hukou is issued in

Is it possible to renew my family reunion residence permit in a city other than her hometown (the city where my Spouse has her Hukou issued in)? Let's say we live in another city and have an accommocation registration at the police office for me in that city. The PSB of her hometown is issuing only 1 year residence permits to all and require health check every year and we also need a accommodation registration there to renew the permit even if we are not living in that region. We live in another city and it's difficult to do this process every year by going back to her hometown. Is it possible to do it in the place we live or any other city that we can have an accommodation registration to avoid this every 1year process?
thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Jimmy from Malaysia | Oct. 10, 2016 20:07
Tim, it is possible for you to renew the residence permit in the city you live in now, but just to play safe, you are advised to go to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB in the current city to confirm that.
Related Questions:
Applying for residence permit in a city other than the spouse's birth/hukou...
Asked by Ryan J from China
| Apr. 10, 2017 02:42
Proof of Hukou or Temporary Residence
Asked by Doc from USA
| Aug. 12, 2012 04:00
5-year residence permit
Asked by Ann from Netherlands
| Mar. 09, 2016 20:02
Is it possible to work after obtaining the permanent residence for spouse r...
Asked by Maria from Spain
| Jan. 31, 2012 22:01
Hi, where do I go to in shanghai to have my Q1 visa processed/ apply for Te...
Asked by Yap from Singapore
| Jul. 28, 2016 22:32
Using PSB in different city
Asked by Daniel from Canada
| Aug. 31, 2014 03:30
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)