Asked by Ong from Singapore | Sep. 17, 2016 18:26
About:China Visa

Transit at Shanghai Pudong Airport for 12 hours, Singaporean passport holders

Thanks for your reply for my previous queries.
I have changed my flight schedule (China Eastern Airline) to : Singapore to Shanghai Pudong airport (transit), then to Seoul (final destination).
1) I am holding Singapore passport, do I need to apply for the temporary stay permit if I want to leave Shanghai Pudong airport to downtown for sightseeing (transit around 12 hours)?
2) if I need, pls kindly advise where and what are the procedures to apply for the temporary stay permit.
Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Olivia from Republic of Korea | Sep. 19, 2016 20:55
1. Ong, because you just transit for 12 hours in Shanghai, you may be required to apply for a temporary stay permit at the airport and then you can leave there to downtown area for a visit. And the stay permit is free of charge.
2. You should apply for the temporary stay permit at the immigration office at the airport. You just need to provide your passport, the air tickets and your valid visa for Korea and then you can get the temporary stay permit.
Related Questions:
12 layover in Shanghai
Asked by Joan from USA
| Jul. 22, 2018 19:46
12 hour layover in Shanghai
Asked by Joan from USA
| Jul. 21, 2018 09:32
is there a one-day visa for China?
Asked by jo from New Zealand
| May. 29, 2011 21:07
I have a transit flight throw shanghai pudong airport to tokyo , a layover ...
Asked by Mr.minorka from poland
| Feb. 11, 2011 03:23
How long can malaysian passport holders leave the pudong airport and enter ...
Asked by keat c from Malaysia
| Apr. 28, 2013 20:44
Can i go to Shanghai Science and Technology Museum by maglev train?
Asked by Kam from Canada
| Jan. 18, 2017 21:31
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)