Asked by tah from Canada | Sep. 14, 2016 00:40
About:China Transit Visa

canadian passport holder to spend three days in Beijing

im a canadian passport holder, my itenerary is from canada to Japan and planning to stay for 3 days in Beijing to visit the great wall. Do I need to hold a visa to China prior travelling or am I entitled to free transit for 72 hours and with latest info I got, the 72 hours had been extended to 144 hours. How much is the fee?, Many thanks.

Answers (3)
Answered by Brian from USA | Sep. 14, 2016 02:41
Tah, only in Shanghai, Jiangsu and Zhejiang, the 72 hours have been extended to 144 hours. In Beijing, the free-stay period is still 72 hours. If you fly from Canada to Beijing and then onward to Tokyo, you can use the 72-hour free transit. The service is free of charge.
Answered by tah from Canada | Sep. 14, 2016 03:36
Thank you for the reply. So when fly from CAnada to China then Japan then back to CAnada no need for visa, we can get out of the airport and stay in the hotel in Beijing without any entry permit or some sort of documents to prove that we are legit to stay in Beijing. But what if flying from Canada to Tokyo then to Beijing then fly back to Canada. Will that be free transit as well? if not where and when should we get our visa and how much would it cost us? IN Beijng airport, from what time till when the office that arranges the visa open on operation?Again many thanks.
Answered by Brian | Sep. 15, 2016 22:47
If you fly like Canada-Beijing-Japan-Canada or Canada-Japan-Beijing -Canada, you can enjoy the 72 hour free transit in Beijing and can visit the Great Wall there.
Related Questions:
Visa requirement for 5 days
Asked by Mike from Canada
| Nov. 25, 2013 02:42
What is the cost of an L visa, I am a Canadian travelling to China (Beijin...
Asked by Mr.frank from canada
| Apr. 29, 2010 04:37
Need for double-entry visa or not?
Asked by Timothy Allan Glogan from Finland
| May. 25, 2018 20:40
Does a Canadian passport holder coming to Beijing to do an 8 day tour to Sh...
Asked by tara from Canada
| Sep. 22, 2013 21:51
Transiting to Australia via Guangzhou
Asked by Jonathan Njoroge from Kenya
| Jul. 14, 2017 04:37
I am a Canadian passport holder in the UAE and wish to visit Beijing as a t...
Asked by Ms.Katrina from UAE
| May. 18, 2010 21:37
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)