Asked by Sal from USA | Sep. 06, 2016 20:45
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Hello - I currently hold a 60 day M-Visa. I exited the country before my 60th day

and re-entered for another 30 days, for a total of 90 days in country this calendar year. is there a maximum number of days I can be in country with in a calendar year?

I am scheduled to return to China for work for 3 weeks in November, and want to confirm if I need to apply for a residency permit, or if there is a maximum number of days within a calendar year? I have never exceeded my 60-day duration on a single trip. Thank you!

Answers (1)
Answered by Laurie from New Zealand | Sep. 07, 2016 03:14
Sal, there is not maximum number of days you are allowed to spend in China in a calendar year. You don't need to get the residency permit. But if you work for a Chinese company and gain salary from it, you may need to pay income tax if the total stay duration in a year is more than 183 days.
Related Questions:
China Visa Entry and Exit Time
Asked by Jaime from Singapore
| Mar. 17, 2012 02:54
Exiting China Question?
Asked by Dan from USA
| Nov. 02, 2017 21:19
am i allowed to stay for 14 days in hongkong as that is the maximum days al...
Asked by Lonely girl from Philippines
| Dec. 03, 2015 20:39
10 Year M Visa Questions.
| Mar. 20, 2016 02:39
Stay Duration Ending Soon
Asked by Robert Colletti from USA
| Jul. 04, 2016 03:05
Hello, Currently I am living in China on a 12 month, multiple entry touris...
Asked by Mr.Allred from China
| Mar. 29, 2009 02:42
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)