Asked by Tracey from South Africa | Sep. 03, 2016 20:11
About:Embassy & Consulate of South Africa in China

South African needing a new Chinese work visa

My partner and I have been working in China for over a year, we recently finished working and our work visas have expired today on the 4th of September, however we are in Hong Kong and came here on the 31st August because we were offered a new job in Shenzhen. We want to know, is it possible for South African citizens tho were previously in possession of a z visa, to apply again here in Hong Kong to work in China? We would like to know if this is possible and which documentation would we need from our new employer to apply for a Chinese work visa.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ron from Finland | Sep. 06, 2016 02:31
Tracey, if you don’t have HK residence permit, it may be difficult to apply from there. But you can have a try. If it cannot be done, you need to go back to South Africa to apply for it.
Your new employer needs to get the work permit and invitation letter of a duly authorized unit for you.
Related Questions:
How much is work visa for south African passport holder
Asked by Oupa from South Africa
| Sep. 19, 2018 19:39
Work Visa Application in Macao or Hong Kong
Asked by Rachel from South Africa
| May. 02, 2018 21:06
Can South African apply for Chinese visa in the Phillipines?
Asked by Elizabeth from South Africa
| Feb. 13, 2017 21:12
how do i apply for a visa to China and how much is it?
Asked by Charity from South Africa
| Oct. 25, 2013 01:31
4 year study visa
Asked by Mary from Zimbabwe
| Apr. 04, 2017 21:31
How much can I expect to pay in South African Rands for my visa?
Asked by Alexandra Norris-Jones from South Africa
| Mar. 24, 2017 20:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)