Asked by Joana Galeriu from Australia | Aug. 17, 2016 10:34
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

TWOV questions

I would like to fly to Beijing (depart early Sept 18 from Brisbane)
Arrive late in Beijing and stay 3 nights leave within 72 hour TWOV
Fly Beijing to Hong Kong and stay 2 nights, no entry permit required
Fly Hong Kong to Shanghai and stay 2 nights leave within 144 hour TWOV
Board a cruise from Shanghai on Sept 26 which travels to ports in Japan > Korea > returns back to Shanghai (6 nights) on Oct 2, I will fly back to Brisbane on this day.

My question is: how do I book my flight paths to qualify for all of the transit without visa exemptions?
Is it possible to have multiple flights booked, such as Beijing > Hong Kong and Hong Kong > Shanghai as domestic flights, and a separate round trip ticket back to Brisbane, even though I start my trip in Brisbane to Beijing and leave Shanghai to Brisbane.

Sorry for any confusion.

Answers (1)
Answered by Felicia from Switzerland | Aug. 17, 2016 21:48
Joana, according to what you said above, you can enjoy the free transit in Beijing and Shanghai if you travel like that. So no entry permit is needed.
It is possible to have multiple flights booked. Nice trip!
Related Questions:
Australian passport: Malaysia>Beijing transit less than 24hr>DPRK, then DPR...
Asked by Alice from Australia
| Apr. 11, 2018 21:56
I am a indian national plan to travel through shanghai to maxico change fli...
Asked by Jayaprakas from India
| Dec. 24, 2017 21:35
Is there a fee for the 144-hour TWOV?
Asked by David from USA
| Aug. 26, 2018 13:52
24 hr visa. Australian here
Asked by Dean from Australia
| Jul. 07, 2018 04:03
EU > Shanghai > Thailand > Hongkong> EU
Asked by Stefan Schmoll from Austria
| Oct. 22, 2018 00:44
I will fly USA to HK 3 days, then i want to go 72 hours to Canton Fair and ...
Asked by ramiro torres from USA
| Oct. 07, 2015 20:25
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)