Asked by Leon from Australia | Aug. 12, 2016 19:21
About:China Consulate in Zurich

Australians needing a visa

We're an Australian couple who need a Chinese tourist L type as we've used our existing double entry permit which was issued in Melbourne. We did a brief trip to Hong Kong which used one entry.
We'll be passing through Zurich next week. Can we obtain a tourist L type there, and can the process be expedited?
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Answers (5)
Answered by Alison from Belgium | Aug. 12, 2016 22:34
Leon, you can enjoy free entry to HK, so there is no need to provide the entry permit. And the tourist L type for Mainland PRC cannot be used to enter HK.
It’s possible for you to apply for it in Zurich. You can choose the express service which takes 2 or 3 working days, or the rush service which takes one working day.
Answered by Leon from Australia | Aug. 12, 2016 22:45
Thank you so much! The consulate in Melbourne would only provide double entry permits, and we used both of those in the past few days, hence the need for a third entry on our way home.
You've put our minds at rest! Are you able to tell me what the fees will be for the 1 day service? We'll only be in Zurich for a few hours, but could possible return a few days later from Lindau or perhaps even Bayreuth.
Once again, a very heartfelt thank you.
Answered by Alison | Aug. 12, 2016 22:56
It will cost 80 francs in total (including visa fee 40 francs and rush service fee 40francs).
If you want to apply for it from Zurich, you should be there during the application process.
Answered by Leon from Australia | Aug. 13, 2016 00:01
Thanks again. We'll arrive this coming Thursday and undertake the process.
Answered by Leon from Australia | Sep. 14, 2016 00:10
Sadly we couldn't obtain a visa for the PRC from Zurich as we are not residents of Switzerland. Such visas are only obtainable from one's home country apparently. We did secure a transit visa upon arriving at Guangzhou however, but it meant we had to cancel our travel plans to Shanghai and we then had to book flights from Guangzhou to HK. All quite troublesome I'm afraid.
Related Questions:
do australians need a visa for shanghai if arriving on a cruise ship
Asked by allan from
| Apr. 03, 2014 21:33
My wife & I are Australians cruising into Sanya China for less than 24hrs. ...
Asked by Greg Sherrington from Australia
| Jul. 30, 2016 03:19
Must Australians applying for China visa first have confirmed flight bookin...
Asked by Michael M from Australia
| Aug. 03, 2016 22:23
Can Australians get Visa on arrival for Single entry at road crossing into ...
Asked by Kathryn from Australia
| Aug. 07, 2017 01:12
chinese visa
Asked by tony from australia
| Nov. 29, 2015 23:45
A relative of mine has applied a 10 year Chinese Visa. Do we have this for ...
Asked by Lu Qing Wang from Australia
| Mar. 04, 2016 02:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)