Asked by Natascha from Switzerland | Aug. 11, 2016 03:51
About:China Consulate in Zurich

swiss passport holder going to study in Shanghai

I'm going to study in Shanghai the school starts on 12th of september and ends on 3th of march.
I want to travel to beijing first and then go direct to shanghai. But with the Invitation letter i got from the school i only can get a visa for 180 day's.
1. can i do a tourist visa for Beijing and then go to Hongkong to get the visa for Shanghai?
2. some ppl. Told me it's better if i go to korea to do the visa. Is that correct?
3. how long would i need to do the visa in korea?

Thanks Natascha

Answers (1)
Answered by Dann from South Africa | Aug. 11, 2016 22:39
1. Natascha, I’m afraid it’s not easy for you to get the student X type for Shanghai from HK is you don’t have HK residence permit. You’d better apply for it in your home country.
2. If you want to apply for it in Korea, Korean ARC card is needed.
3. After you submit the application, it usually takes 4 working days.
Related Questions:
Does a Swiss Passport holder need a visa to visit Shanghai for less than 4...
Asked by Georges Ammann from New Zealand
| Oct. 18, 2012 03:40
I am a Swiss passport holder. Can I apply for a 2-year multiple entry visa...
Asked by Jane Worth from USA
| Jun. 20, 2014 02:33
Can a Swiss passport holder (tourist) apply Visa in Chinese Embassy in Sing...
Asked by Coni Gurini from Switzerland
| Dec. 28, 2016 01:11
Can German and Switzerland passport holders get VOA in Shenzhen?
Asked by Helen from HKG
| Jun. 11, 2015 02:26
Swiss passport holder n live in Bad Zurzach.would like a tourist visa and f...
Asked by Mary Jo Kluser from Switzerland
| Apr. 08, 2016 02:04
we are swiss passport holder if still we need visa to go beijing?
Asked by josie huber from Philippines
| Feb. 13, 2012 00:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)