Asked by andrew rashkow from USA | Aug. 09, 2016 11:53
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

We will be travelling to Nepal with a 14 hour layover in Guanzhou.

One passport is from USA and the other from Poland (with USA green card). Do I have to have the Nepal visa stamped into our passports to get into China with the 72 hour free transit. According to the consulate website it says you need the entry permit from the destination country. However in Nepals case the entry permit is given at the airport. Should we send our requests and passports now to the Nepal consulate? Can't reach anybody on multiple phones in the Chinese consulates. Hope you can help. Andrew

Answers (1)
Answered by Bryan from Finland | Aug. 09, 2016 22:07
Andrew, you can send your request and passports to Nepal consulate to get a VOA notice which can be used as the proof of your valid entry permit for a third country. In this case, you can make use of the 24 hour direct transit in Guangzhou. Don’t worry!
Related Questions:
Traveling to nepal
Asked by Andrew rashkow
| Jul. 29, 2016 21:13
Do I need transit visa in china. I am 14 year boy holding nepalese passport...
Asked by Suyagya Aryal from Nepal
| Jun. 18, 2018 22:26
Guangzhou Airport Transit
Asked by PB Poudel from Nepal
| Sep. 09, 2016 22:09
do not have visa for nepal, 12 hour layover kunming can we get 24 hour tran...
Asked by JENNIFER bilsbarrow from Canada
| Oct. 10, 2016 01:48
Chengdu Long Layover - Leave for airport hotel
Asked by Steve from USA
| Sep. 14, 2017 22:06
14 hour layover - Airport Transit Hotel and requirements
Asked by Faye Densmore from Australia
| Aug. 25, 2012 02:10
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)