Asked by Robert from China | Aug. 02, 2016 21:02
About:China Work Visa

Switching from an L type to a Z type


I am currently in Qingdao looking for a job. I came to China on a 10 year 60 day multiple entry L type. I have 29 days left on my L type right now, but am trying to find a job so I can get it switched to a Z type. I was under the impression that I could just travel to Hong Kong to switch the visa, but now I am being told that I will have to go back to the USA to switch it. Unfortunately if this is the case, I will not be able to return due to financial restraints. Any information?


Answers (1)
Answered by Teddy from Austria | Aug. 03, 2016 20:43
Robert, as far as I know, it’s possible for you to convert the L type to work Z type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB within PRC. But I cannot assure that it can be done in the end. Anyway, it’s worth a try!
However, if it cannot be done, I’m afraid you have to go back to apply for a work Z type in your home country.
Related Questions:
What can I do with a 30 day humanitarian visa when switching companies and ...
Asked by Matt from China
| Jul. 18, 2016 21:19
if I'm from the Philippine and working in china on a work visa can I leave ...
Asked by guest from china
| Oct. 27, 2015 02:09
If I go to china on tour visa and get a job offer there
Asked by Matthew from Canada
| May. 18, 2017 20:49
How to Switch from Student X to Travel L
Asked by Baggings from China
| Jan. 05, 2014 03:19
filipino can apply chinese z visa in hk
Asked by lorena from Philippines
| Oct. 25, 2016 20:27
L-type to Z-type in China
| Aug. 31, 2017 20:33
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)