Asked by Henry from Hart | Aug. 01, 2016 16:01
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

144 hour free transit - dilemma!!!!! PLEASE HELP

I want to make use of the 144 hour free transit in Shanghai. This essentially allows you to travel from country a to china and then onto country b. A and b have to be different in order to qualify for the visa. I have done this before without issue. However this time is slightly different, I am travelling from the US to China with a connecting flight in London, staying a few days and then flying out to UK as my final destination. The question is does my connection in London on the way count even though I would be staying airside? Hope that makes sense - please help!

Answers (1)
Answered by Regina from Denmark | Aug. 01, 2016 22:58
Because you will fly like this: US-UK-PRC-UK, it will not be a transit, and you cannot enjoy the free transit in PRC even though you just make a connection in London. You should apply for a tourist L type beforehand.
Related Questions:
I arrive in PVG from LAX the 12 of APR at 1625 and leave for HND the 17 of ...
Asked by matt from USA
| Oct. 08, 2018 00:40
i am travelling from United States to Shanghai and directly back to the US ...
Asked by Joe K from USA
| Sep. 21, 2016 22:31
I am arriving in Shanghai by air on March 21 and leaving on a cruise ship t...
Asked by sheldon from Canada
| Feb. 21, 2017 20:58
I am flying NZ, HK, Shanghai back to NZ
Asked by Lorraine from New Zealand
| Aug. 31, 2017 20:42
Asked by Howard from USA
| Nov. 09, 2017 00:02
I arrive in PEK from DKK the 22nd of jan. at 13.05 and leave for HKG the 2...
Asked by Ollie from Denmark
| Jan. 16, 2018 03:27
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)