Asked by Matthew from USA | Jul. 21, 2016 21:03
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

72 hour visa uncertainty

I am traveling from the US to Beijing, and will be staying there for under 72 hours.
Then I am flying to Thailand for 2 weeks.
After Thailand, I will be flying back to the US, and not connecting through China.
My questions are:
1. Do I qualify for the 72 hour free transit?
2. Can I visit the Great Wall from Beijing without violating that 72 hour free transit?
3. What papers do I need?
Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Enzo from Netherlands | Jul. 22, 2016 02:22
1. Matthew, you qualify for the 72 hour free transit in Beijing.
2. You can visit the Great Wall when using the 72 hour frère transit. Don't worry!
3. You need to show your passport, the onward ticket and valid entry permit for Thailand.
Related Questions:
We are NZ ers travelling back from London via Shanghai staying 76 hours do ...
Asked by Brenda from New Zealand
| Apr. 06, 2015 04:20
Hi I am flying from Perth Australia to Guangzhou for a two day stopover the...
Asked by TRACEY from Australia
| Mar. 16, 2014 02:16
I'm a US Citizen. I want to fly into Beijing and go on an excursion to the ...
Asked by traveler from USA
| May. 21, 2014 01:51
What if I am not in transit but return to my original destination? HCMC-Bei...
Asked by Cathy Tang Hales from Canada
| Sep. 03, 2015 11:22
I am going to Guangzhou for 3 days from New Zealand and going on to Bangkok...
Asked by Tracy from New Zealand
| Oct. 19, 2015 01:40
flying from United States to China to Philippines
Asked by rhonda from united states
| Nov. 18, 2015 01:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)