Asked by Ray from United Kingdom | Jul. 12, 2016 09:54
About:China Tourist Visa

Is Hong Kong part of China when we are invited to China by friends in HK?

My wife and I will be visiting PRC as tourists, flying with friends from Hong Kong (who are resident there). Will 2"A letter of invitation" from our friends (as described in 5 above) be sufficient, or will we have to provide proof of the round trip booking and hotel reservation?
Ray, UK

Answers (1)
Answered by Roy from Republic of Korea | Jul. 12, 2016 22:02
Ray, HK is part of PRC, but the two places carry out different exit and entry policies, so an invitation letter from your friend in HK cannot be used to apply for the tourist l type for mainland PRC. You need to provide proof of transportation and accommodation to apply for it.
Related Questions:
What type of visa do we need to participate in the hong kong innovative tec...
Asked by prof remi abass from nigeria,I had forwarded all our credi
| Sep. 25, 2012 03:15
Extend Visit visa
Asked by Maja from Sweden
| May. 25, 2016 20:17
i am coming back from japan via hong kong. i am planing to visit schenzen. ...
Asked by Yogesh from India
| Aug. 30, 2012 03:04
Hi Friends, I am in Hong Kong For 3 months ,so can u please suggest me ...
Asked by Mr.Mohit from India
| Jun. 06, 2010 01:38
Hi, Me and my friends will be visiting HK this Nov. 27- Dec.1. I would like...
Asked by Ms.Binagatan from Philippines
| Nov. 18, 2009 22:45
Confused what visa i need or can apply for!
Asked by rebbecca from Australia
| Sep. 21, 2013 01:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)