Asked by Cathy from Australia | Jul. 06, 2016 21:18
About:China Visa

Boarding a cruise ship in Tianjin

We are Australian passport holders boarding a ship in Tianjin departing port at 1800 hours on 17 October 2016. We understand that there is a 72 hours visa free stay. Do we need some form of documentation to show on arrival at the Tianjin airport besides our ship the Golden Princess's boarding documents.
Since we board the ship at about 1300 hours and the ship departing at 1800 hours, will the 72 hours free transit include the time after we board the ship or when the ship departs from port? We would like to see as much of Tianjin as we possibly can and do not want to be caught short, we want to be clear about this. Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Karen from United Kingdom | Jul. 07, 2016 03:03
Cathy, since you will leave Tianjin by ship, I'm afraid you can't use the 72-hour free transit policy, so you need to apply for a tourist L type or transit G type entry permit in advance.
Related Questions:
24 Hour TWOV. We are flying from Sydney to Beijing
Asked by Diane from Country
| Apr. 16, 2018 22:06
Cruise ship with stopovers before arrival at Shanghai
Asked by Stanley from Australia
| Jan. 11, 2017 20:17
Will the 144 hour visa work for me?
Asked by Joan from USA
| May. 09, 2018 22:09
We are flying to Beijing staying 3 nights then flying to Shanghai for 1 nig...
Asked by Linda from England
| Jul. 06, 2017 22:12
Hi we are travelling from Australia to Shanghai we will stay for 3 nights d...
Asked by Angela from Australia
| Jan. 01, 2018 10:10
Do we need visas for a 2 day stay in Hong Kong?
Asked by David Bell from USA
| Sep. 03, 2018 01:07
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)