Asked by Chris from USA | Jul. 03, 2016 22:52
About:China Visa

Living for 4 months without a residence permit

My school in Guangzhou told me I did not need to apply for a residence permit to live at there school so I never got one. When I came to Beijing the dorm I used to live would not me register because I didn't have this very important residence permit, now that I haven't had it 4 months I could pay 10000 yuan as a fine. Has anyone had any experience with this and have some kind of guidance for a situation like this?

Answers (1)
Answered by Greg from Australia | Jul. 04, 2016 04:28
Chris, if you hold a X1 visa, it's true that you should apply for a residence permit within 30 days after your arrival. If you didn't apply for it, it means you have already overstayed for three months. You need to pay the fines at the local PSB first, and then exit. Then you may apply for a new entry permit for China.
Related Questions:
I want to ask if I can apply for South Korea Working Visa in Beijing.
Asked by Adrian Cosma from Romania
| Sep. 18, 2015 22:58
Why were my schoolmates given 3 months visa when they apply for one year re...
Asked by Joe from China
| Oct. 29, 2011 03:50
Z visa information
Asked by JAWAD ALAM from Pakistan
| Mar. 14, 2016 22:49
Visa L or F for conference?
Asked by Jean-Paul Seigneur from Vietnam
| Aug. 09, 2018 20:08
Hi, I obtained my masters degree in china on a X visa (study ),
Asked by melvin from China
| Jan. 10, 2018 00:12
Changed job to a different city but still using work and residence permits ...
Asked by Dan Rishi from Nigeria
| Aug. 08, 2016 22:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)