Asked by Js from new york from USA | Jun. 20, 2016 21:09
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Need help about visa issues

I am a us citizen that is in china at the moment. I am wondering about a few things.

1) how do I go about getting a tourist visa?
2) is it possible to get 90 day stay 10 year visa?
3) can do the visa change in hk or have greater chance to get it at my consulate in new york?
4) is it worth it to go through agency?
5) must I have a plane ticket booked itinerary to show during my application process?

These are a few questions I have. Thank you ahead of time.

Answers (1)
Answered by Johnson from Republic of Korea | Jun. 20, 2016 21:54
1. Js, you should first prepare the relevant materials for L type: the application form with a passport-style photo attached, your passport and its photocopy, hotel booking record and flight itinerary. And then submit the application to the embassy of PRC to apply for it.
2. Usually, you may get 60-day stay duration, but you may get 90 days for some special cases.
3. You’d better apply for it at the consulate general in New York because if you don’t have HK residence permit, it’s difficult to get it from there.
4. I don’t think you need to apply for it through an agency.
5. If you have friend in PRC and can get invitation letter, the flight itinerary is not necessary. Otherwise, you have to provide it.
Related Questions:
indian passport holders to hong kong
Asked by Francis from Italy
| Feb. 16, 2017 19:26
Business woman has ownership of business Born 12-16-65.
Asked by Allison from USA
| Jan. 18, 2015 00:51
visa rules
Asked by suzanne Datt from switzerland
| Aug. 24, 2016 00:52
What documents to I need to bring to apply for visa to China, I am a South ...
Asked by Renny from South africa
| Dec. 04, 2011 00:02
I am planning to apply for Z Visa (Work Permit) for my employee to China.
Asked by Rita from India
| Jun. 02, 2017 04:42
Can anyone help me?
Asked by Mr.Mike from AUSTRALIA
| Feb. 22, 2010 21:41
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)