Asked by K Morgan from Northern Ireland | Jun. 07, 2016 06:16
About:China Embasy in Ireland

Teaching position in Beijing

I am a UK citizen living in Northern Ireland. I am taking a post to teach English in Beijing in August and want to know the procedure for applying for entry visa and residentancy. Do I have to fly over to England, or can I apply here in Ireland or Northern Ireland and what will be the cost ? My job if for one year but may be extended.

Answers (1)
Answered by David from Singapore | Jun. 09, 2016 20:32
You need to apply for a work Z type and the first step is to prepare the required documents including your passport and copy of its data page, the completed application form attached with a passport-style photo, foreign expert certificate and an invitation letter of a duly authorized unit. And then submit the application to the CVASC in UK to apply for it. It costs 151 pounds.

As for the residence permit, you need to provide those materials including original and copy of your passport, the application form, a half-length color photo, registration form of temporary residence, medical report, and your foreign expert certificate. And then hand in the application to the exit and entry administration of the local PSB to apply for it.
Related Questions:
I was recently offered a teaching position @ the International School of Be...
Asked by Mr.Kerry Kertes from usa
| Feb. 19, 2011 20:19
Do Adelaide residents need to travel to eg Canberra to attend face to face ...
Asked by Sharon
| Feb. 24, 2013 02:26
S2 Visa for my daughter
Asked by Paula Kamo from Brunei
| May. 22, 2014 01:59
Hi, I may have a teaching position in Wuhan. I was wondering if it is poss...
Asked by viv from UK
| Jul. 05, 2014 02:17
Teaching in Fuzhou
Asked by Guest from United Kingdom
| May. 21, 2013 02:40
Age limit for spouse on work visa
Asked by Cassy from United States
| Jun. 04, 2013 04:22
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)