Asked by Susan from United Kingdom | Jun. 05, 2016 13:37
About:144-Hour Visa-Free Transit

144 hour visa exemption

Thank you for answering my previous question re cruise from Hong Kong to Japan.
The route is Hong Kong, Taipei Taiwan, Okinawa Shanghai Nagasaki Kobe Shimizu and Tokyo. Which means I am not able to use the 144 hour waiver for China.
If I were to miss out the port of Okinawa and stay on board the cruise ship would I be able to enter Shanghai on 144 hour free transit as I have not disembarked into Japan yet? So my countries would be Hong Kong Taiwan Shanghai and Japan would this work?
Thanks in advance. Fingers crossed.

Answers (1)
Answered by Jackson from USA | Jun. 05, 2016 22:14
Susan, it's hard to say, but if you don't go through the Japan immigration when you arrive in Okinawa, you may be eligible for the 144h free transit. You need to confirm this with the cruise ship. Based on my experience, they may ask for a visa before you can board onto the ship. Good luck!
Related Questions:
Can I fly UK Beijing Hong Kong UK on 144 hour visa exemption?
Asked by Lynda Smith from United Kingdom
| Feb. 21, 2018 21:21
144 hour visa exemption for business?
Asked by jen from uk
| May. 20, 2016 21:18
exemptions. What is required for exemptions paperwork-wise?
Asked by John from USA
| Aug. 14, 2018 06:32
144 hour exemption visa. I will fly to shanghai from Sydney
Asked by frank zhu from Australia
| Jun. 25, 2018 03:58
Hososhima, Japan, Shanghai, Okinawa
Asked by Neil from Canada
| Nov. 22, 2016 20:10
Visa required for a 4 day stay in shanghai for Canadian and EU citizen (not...
Asked by Tina from Canada
| Feb. 05, 2018 20:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)