Asked by R B from USA | Jun. 03, 2016 12:32
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

US and Canadian passports visiting Hong Kong - Shanghai - Beijing

We are planning to be in Hong Kong on July 31.
On Aug 4, we will fly from Hong Kong direct to Shanghai (Pudong).
On Aug 6, we will fly from Shanghai (Pudong) direct to Beijing.
On Aug 8, we will fly from Beijing direct to Hong Kong.
Does this itinerary fit the criteria for the 72 hour free transit in Beijing and 144 hour free transit in Shanghai?
Do we have to still apply for visa?
Thank You.

Answers (1)
Answered by Sophia from Germany | Jun. 03, 2016 20:50
Dear, this itinerary is not eligible for the 72 hour and 144 hour free transits because after stopping in Shanghai, you fly to Beijing, but according to the policy, you should fly to a third country or region. You just travel around PRC, so you should apply for a tourist L type for your journey to PRC.
Related Questions:
We are visiting 4 cities in China on a cruise, stopping for 1day each. Do w...
Asked by Roland from Canada
| Jun. 05, 2015 22:21
Visiting hong kong ,shanghai and beijing do french and british need a visa?...
Asked by may from South Africa
| Aug. 05, 2013 03:31
Weather in China in October. What will the weather be like?
Asked by A. Marion from Bermuda
| May. 08, 2015 02:37
A day trip to Shenzhen and Guanzhou.
Asked by Irene Coulson from New Zealand
| Feb. 16, 2013 02:28
3 day round trip to Shanghai from Hong Kong - Australian citizens
Asked by Vas from Australia
| Feb. 17, 2016 02:09
I am a us citizen traveling to China within a week will stay there for 2 w...
Asked by Vivian from USA
| Jan. 18, 2017 11:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)