Asked by Michael W. S. from USA | May. 31, 2016 23:49
About:China Tourist Visa

I will be arriving with my family in Shanghai July 2 in the afternoon

and leaving for Bangkok on July 3 before noon. I assume I can use the 72 hour visa free transit.

We will then fly from Bankok to Beijing two weeks later on the 16th and stay until the 28th in China. We fly to Hong Kong on the 28th and then back to shanghai on the 2nd of august. We start working in PRC on August 2nd and our employer is getting work Z types.

What Kind of entry permit should I be getting for our stay in china from the 16th-28th (which is all touring around, no working)? Can I get that in the USA before we leave to head to Asia? Does our employer need to be involved in this particular visa application?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jason from USA | Jun. 01, 2016 04:28
Michael, you should apply for a tourist L type for the tour between 16th and 28th. However, as you can't have two visas at a time, you should apply for an L type first, use it, and then exit to apply for the work Z type (maybe you can choose to apply from HK). When you apply for the L type, your boss won't be involded in the application.
Related Questions:
Hi, my family and I are planing to travel in July, and we'll stay for tow w...
Asked by Mr.Nasir from Qatar
| Feb. 18, 2011 02:02
I am arriving at Shanghai airport on July 21st in afternoon and was wonderi...
Asked by Mr.Tom from Canada
| Apr. 26, 2011 20:04
Airport transfer to Holiday Inn Express Causeway Bay in HK
Asked by Grace from Taipei
| Oct. 24, 2013 02:20
Will our luck together ever improve?
Asked by Holiday from Philippines
| Aug. 21, 2017 02:16
I will be arriving at Longyang Rd Station mid afternoon. What is the best m...
Asked by Mr.Ken from Australia
| Feb. 11, 2011 20:06
Terminal 2 - Arrival / Lounge Access at Beijing Capital Airport
Asked by Cayto from Canada
| May. 23, 2017 03:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)