Asked by Kenneth from Seychelles | May. 29, 2016 09:20
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Apply Student X1 visa and also tourist L type at same time?

Dear All
I am from Seychelles, coming to china for study in sep this year. I have already application form and the notes from my school. What I need to do now is to go to Chinese Embassy in Seychelles to apply. My question is that my plan is to come to China in July for a month holiday. This one month before I start my school, should I apply another visa, like tourist type or I can already come with a student X type. Also, I am going to stay with a friend of me( a Chinese family during all these time, visiting time and school time both), do I need an invitation letter from them. is it necessary to provide it while applying X1 type.. Thanks very much. Regards

Answers (1)
Answered by Peter from Germany | May. 30, 2016 20:26
Kenneth, you can only hold one type each time. Considering your situation, you are advised to apply for a tourist L type to enter PRC first for the holiday. After your holiday, you can try to change the L type to student X type at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB.
When you apply for the L type, you should get an invitation letter from your friend; inside the invitation, your friend should state that you will stay with his/her family.
Related Questions:
Can I change Tourist L into X1 type in Beijing?
Asked by FilmTK from Thailand
| Aug. 21, 2017 21:22
requirements for Chinese tourist visa
Asked by Monica from Philippines
| Mar. 25, 2016 01:21
If I come to China with a tourist visa and decide to go to school
Asked by Charlyn from Cameroon
| Sep. 20, 2016 21:57
2 different visas but using one?
Asked by Verónica from Spain
| Jul. 15, 2017 13:14
Can I apply for this Visa while in China?
Asked by JJ from USA
| Mar. 28, 2017 21:55
Can I switch my L visa to X1 type being in China?
Asked by Gleb from Russia
| May. 23, 2016 22:53
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)