Asked by Mellissa from USA | May. 21, 2016 00:49
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

"third country or region"

Would it be okay to fly from New York to Beijing, Beijing to Hong Kong, Hong Kong to Shanghai, Shanghai to New York, all separate tickets. I understand that Hong Kong is considered an international destination for immigration purposes but because it is in the same region would I still be eligible?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ruth from Italy | May. 21, 2016 01:14
When speaking of the 72 hour policy, Hong Kong is regarded as a third region, so your travel route meets the requirement of the free transit. If you can assure that your layover time in Beijing and Shanghai is less than 72 hours respectively, you can enjoy the 72 hour free transit for both transits, even though you hold separate air tickets.
Related Questions:
Hi I have a dutch paspoort and I'm staying in UAE with a tourist visa, is i...
Asked by Mohamed from Holland
| Feb. 06, 2014 00:07
if i fly for shanghai on a 72 hours visa ( now 144 hours ) can i leave for ...
Asked by ksn from denamrk
| Feb. 23, 2016 03:36
Will be I be allowed the 72-hour transit visa if I fly from Hong Kong - Bei...
Asked by Leah Jerome from Hong Kong
| Apr. 24, 2014 04:12
is it good to visit beijing and shanghai in third week of september?
Asked by neelam from India
| May. 19, 2015 21:41
If you want to visit Beijing for 48 hours, are you required a visa?
Asked by Joanna from USA
| Nov. 21, 2016 20:46
is it possible to apply for a z visa in a third country?
Asked by CHRISTOPHE from Burundi
| Mar. 29, 2018 21:42
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)