Asked by Peter from Denmark | May. 13, 2016 02:26
About:Visa Policy of China

Tourist visa to China from Hong Kong

I've heard rumors that now only Hong Kong residents can get a tourist L type to mainland PRC from Hong Kong. The Comissioner's Office in Hong Kong SAR's website say:

"Applicants without HK resident status can not apply for multi-entry-permit at our office..."
(point 9 under "Basic requirements for application")

So I assume one can get a single-entry tourist L type for mainland PRC in Hong Kong, right?
My nationality is Danish.

Thanks in advance

Answers (1)
Answered by Paul from Italy | May. 13, 2016 20:54
Peter, usually, if you don’t have HK residence permit, it’s not easy for you to apply for entry permit to mainland PRC from there. But it’s not that absolute. Some applicants without HK residence permit did get it from there. So anyway, it’s worth a try. Comparatively speaking, one can probably get the single-entry one, but the multiple-entry one is not easy to get.
Related Questions:
Can Tourist viza be changed with work viza in china from Hong Kong?
Asked by Ia from Georgia
| Jun. 15, 2012 01:39
Is there any difference for application for tourist visa of one month from ...
Asked by Sabut Rai from Nepal
| Oct. 19, 2011 04:36
if I'm tourist in China, can I go travel tourist in Hong kong ?
Asked by Juvy Sonido from Philippines
| Oct. 09, 2017 03:24
do i need visa to travel hongkong as tourist from philippines
Asked by allan pascua from philippines
| Mar. 25, 2017 22:16
Hong Kong tourist visa for Myanmar nationality?
Asked by May from United Arab
| Jul. 26, 2012 02:11
For single entry tourist visas, is it required to have all your accommodati...
Asked by Ziggy from United Kingdom
| Mar. 08, 2015 01:31
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)