Asked by Charlie Kerr from China | May. 11, 2016 04:18
About:Visa Policy of China

Tourist Visa as a means of temporary resisidence

What are the requirements for a tourist L type how long does it last and where can I obtain it?

My Z type runs out on June 30th and I am currently seeking work else where in China, so new Z type may take awhile. Do I need proof of ongoing journey (e.g., air ticket)? Currently I am residing in Shanghai.

Thanks Charlie

Answers (1)
Answered by Edward from Sweden | May. 11, 2016 22:02
Charlie, considering your situation, when you apply for the tourist L type, you need to provide your passport and copy of its data page, the application form, a passport-style photo, valid temporary residence registration form in PRC, and the return ticket. Or you can ask your friend to issue an invitation letter to you, so the return ticket is not required. And then you can apply for it at the exit and entry administration of the local PSB.
Usually, the tourist L type will allow you to stay for 30 days more in PRC. it’s possible for you to extend it if you need to stay for more than 30 days.
Related Questions:
I want to stay in China for more than 30 days, it is possible to get a temp...
Asked by xie yi zhnag from Philippines
| Jul. 29, 2011 22:35
What does double entry means for tourist visa
Asked by Rcel from Philippines
| Mar. 25, 2012 00:05
What means are available to pay for the visa fees? Are any credit cars acce...
Asked by William Levine from USA
| Aug. 15, 2014 00:57
residence permit/ contract
Asked by james from Guatemala
| Jun. 13, 2014 04:00
I am currently attending school in China and have a temporary resident perm...
Asked by Ms.Smith from China
| Dec. 13, 2010 20:06
Booking transport
Asked by Jan from Australia
| Sep. 06, 2016 22:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)