Asked by Shane from Canada | Apr. 23, 2016 15:12
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit

TWOV Question

Hello, I am a Canadian citizen and I plan to arrive at PVG on an international flight from Jakarta, Indonesia. I would like to connect to a flight to Hong Kong, and stay a few days in Hong Kong. Then fly back to PVG and stay a few days in Shnaghai, then fly to Japan.

Upon arrival in PVG from Jakarta and connecting to Hong Kong, will I need to visit Chinese immigration and have a visa? I hope to just transit through without visiting immigration and needing an entry permit. Then upon returning to PVG from Hong Kong, I hope to obtain a 72 hour TWOV, as we will just be visiting Shanghai at that point before continuing to Japan.

Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Nana from Australia | Apr. 24, 2016 01:34
Hey Shane! On your way from Jakarta to Hong Kong, if the layover is not more than 24 hours, you don’t have to visit the immigration and need an entry permit. On your way from HK to Japan, you can enjoy the 144-hour free transit policy.
Related Questions:
German passport holder traveling from Amsterdam to Australia
Asked by Dennis from Germany
| Nov. 08, 2018 15:59
Follow Up: Visa Question
Asked by Anthony from United Kingdom
| Jul. 09, 2018 02:21
I am a indian national plan to travel through shanghai to maxico change fli...
Asked by Jayaprakas from India
| Dec. 24, 2017 21:35
Is there a fee for the 144-hour TWOV?
Asked by David from USA
| Aug. 26, 2018 13:52
question about the 72hour visa -free
Asked by Felicia Nance from usa
| Aug. 14, 2018 18:29
Use the 144h TWOV twice during one trip
Asked by Andrea from Sweden
| Jul. 17, 2018 04:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)